Reaction: GDP-α-D-mannose + dolichyl phosphate = GDP + dolichyl β-D-mannosyl phosphate
For diagram of reaction click here.
Other name(s): GDP-Man:DolP mannosyltransferase; dolichyl mannosyl phosphate synthase; dolichyl-phospho-mannose synthase; GDP-mannose:dolichyl-phosphate mannosyltransferase; guanosine diphosphomannose-dolichol phosphate mannosyltransferase; dolichol phosphate mannose synthase; dolichyl phosphate mannosyltransferase; dolichyl-phosphate mannose synthase; GDP-mannose-dolichol phosphate mannosyltransferase; GDP-mannose-dolichylmonophosphate mannosyltransferase; mannosylphosphodolichol synthase; mannosylphosphoryldolichol synthase
Systematic name: GDP-mannose:dolichyl-phosphate β-D-mannosyltransferase
Comments: Acts only on long-chain polyprenyl phosphates and α-dihydropolyprenyl phosphates that are larger than C35.
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, CAS registry number: 62213-44-9
1. Babczinski, P., Haselbeck, A. and Tanner, W. Yeast mannosyl transferases requiring dolichyl phosphate and dolichyl phosphate mannose as substrate. Partial purification and characterization of the solubilized enzyme. Eur. J. Biochem. 105 (1980) 509-515. [PMID: 6989607]
2. Bretthauer, R.K., Wu, S. and Irwin, W.E. Enzymatic transfer of mannose from guanosine diphosphate mannose to dolichol phosphate in yeast (Hansenula holstii). A possible step in mannan synthesis. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 304 (1973) 736-747. [PMID: 4726855]
3. Haselbeck, A. Purification of GDP mannose:dolichyl-phosphate O-β-D-mannosyltransferase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eur. J. Biochem. 181 (1989) 663-668. [PMID: 2659345]
4. Palamarczyk, G., Lehle, L., Mankowski, T., Chojnacki, T. and Tanner, W. Specificity of solubilized yeast glycosyl transferases for polyprenyl derivatives. Eur. J. Biochem. 105 (1980) 517-523. [PMID: 6445267]
5. Richards, J.B. and Hemming, F.W. The transfer of mannose from guanosine diphosphate mannose to dolichol phosphate and protein by pig liver endoplasmic reticulum. Biochem. J. 130 (1972) 77-93. [PMID: 4655455]