Reaction: ATP + GMP = ADP + GDP
For diagram of reaction click here.
Other name(s): deoxyguanylate kinase; 5'-GMP kinase; GMP kinase; guanosine monophosphate kinase; ATP:GMP phosphotransferase
Systematic name: ATP:(d)GMP phosphotransferase
Comments: dGMP can also act as acceptor, and dATP can act as donor.
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, GTD, KEGG, Metacyc, PDB, CAS registry number: 9026-59-9
1. Buccino, R.J., Jr. and Roth, J.S. Partial purification and properties of ATP:GMP phosphotransferase from rat liver. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 132 (1969) 49-61. [PMID: 4307347]
2. Hiraga, S. and Sugino, Y. Nucleoside monophosphokinases of Escherichia coli infected and uninfected with an RNA phage. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 114 (1966) 416-418.
3. Griffith, T.J. and Helleiner, C.W. The partial purification of deoxynucleoside monophosphate kinases from L cells. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 108 (1965) 114-124. [PMID: 5862227]
4. Oeschger, M.P. and Bessman, M.J. Purification and properties of guanylate kinase from Escherichia coli. J. Biol. Chem. 241 (1966) 5452-5460. [PMID: 5333666]
5. Shimono, H. and Sugino, Y. Metabolism of deoxyribonucleotides. Purification and properties of deoxyguanosine monophosphokinase of calf thymus. Eur. J. Biochem. 19 (1971) 256-263. [PMID: 5552394]