Reaction: tRNA uridine13 = tRNA pseudouridine13
For diagram of mechanism click here.
Other name(s): TruD; YgbO; tRNA PSI13 synthase; RNA:PSI-synthase Pus7p; Pus7p; RNA:pseudouridine-synthase Pus7p; Pus7 protein
Systematic name: tRNA-uridine13 uracil mutase
Comments: Pseudouridine synthase TruD from Escherichia coli specifically acts on uridine13 in tRNA [2,3]. The Pus7 protein from Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a multisite-multisubstrate pseudouridine synthase that is able to modify uridine13 in several yeast tRNAs, uridine35 in the pre-tRNATyr, uridine35 in U2 small nuclear RNA, and uridine50 in 5S rRNA .
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, PDB, CAS registry number:
1. Ericsson, U.B., Nordlund, P. and Hallberg, B.M. X-ray structure of tRNA pseudouridine synthase TruD reveals an inserted domain with a novel fold. FEBS Lett. 565 (2004) 59-64. [PMID: 15135053]
2. Chan, C.M. and Huang, R.H. Enzymatic characterization and mutational studies of TruD—the fifth family of pseudouridine synthases. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 489 (2009) 15-19. [PMID: 19664587]
3. Kaya, Y. and Ofengand, J. A novel unanticipated type of pseudouridine synthase with homologs in bacteria, archaea, and eukarya. RNA 9 (2003) 711-721. [PMID: 12756329]
4. Behm-Ansmant, I., Urban, A., Ma, X., Yu, Y.T., Motorin, Y. and Branlant, C. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae U2 snRNA:pseudouridine-synthase Pus7p is a novel multisite-multisubstrate RNA:Ψ-synthase also acting on tRNAs. RNA 9 (2003) 1371-1382. [PMID: 14561887]
5. Urban, A., Behm-Ansmant, I., Branlant, C. and Motorin, Y. RNA sequence and two-dimensional structure features required for efficient substrate modification by the Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA:Ψ-synthase Pus7p. J. Biol. Chem. 284 (2009) 5845-5858. [PMID: 19114708]