Reaction: ATP + L-tyrosine + tRNATyr = AMP + diphosphate + L-tyrosyl-tRNATyr
Other name(s): tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase; L-tyrosine-tRNATyr ligase (AMP-forming); tyrosyl-transfer ribonucleate synthetase; tyrosyl-transfer RNA synthetase; tyrosyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase; tyrosyl-tRNA ligase; tyrosine-transfer RNA ligase; tyrosine-transfer ribonucleate synthetase; tyrosine translase; tyrosine tRNA synthetase
Systematic name: L-tyrosine:tRNATyr ligase (AMP-forming)
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, PDB, CAS registry number: 9023-45-4
1. Allen, E.H., Glassman, E. and Schweet, R.S. Incorporation of amino acids into ribonucleic acid. I. The role of activating enzymes. J. Biol. Chem. 235 (1960) 1061-1067.
2. Cowles, J.R. and Key, J.L. Demonstration of two tyrosyl-tRNA synthetases of pea roots. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 281 (1972) 33-44. [PMID: 4563531]
3. Holley, R.W., Brunngraber, E.F., Saad, F. and Williams, H.H. Partial purification of the threonine- and tyrosine-activating enzymes from rat liver, and the effect of potassium ions on the activity of the tyrosine enzyme. J. Biol. Chem. 236 (1961) 197-199.
4. Schweet, R.S. and Allen, E.H. Purification and properties of tyrosine-activating enzyme of hog pancreas. J. Biol. Chem. 233 (1958) 1104-1108.
5. Brick, P., Bhat, T.N. and Blow, D.M. Structure of tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase refined at 2.3 Å resolution. Interaction of the enzyme with the tyrosyl adenylate intermediate. J. Mol. Biol. 208 (1989) 83-98. [PMID: 2504923]